One of the things that we have tried to keep in mind throughout this whole project is that the term podcast might not be familiar to everyone and that most people will not know what RSS is or about the readers that serve as a home for the RSS feeds. In an effort to make this website accessible to everyone, weve set up this page and set up easy ways to subscribe to this sites RSS feed (via RSS and email notifications) so you, the reader, can enjoy free automatic updates without having to check the site daily.
These are all confusing terms and are not the easiest of technologies to wrap your head around. BUT, there are a few short videos that makes these concepts much more understandable!
Common Craft has created a few fantastic, entertaining, educational, and short videos that explain:
- What podcasting is, how it works, and why you should listen to podcasts. Watch the video here.
- We realize that a podcast might not be a widely known or understood technology, so wed like to invite you to read about it here. All of the recordings from the conference will be released as audio files that can be played with any mp3 player, e.g. iPod, Quicktime, Win Amp, etc.
- What RSS feeds are, how they work, and why you should use them. Watch the video here.
- What a blog is, how it works, and why you should read them. Watch the video here.
- Want to know more about what is happening in the field of life science year-round? Why dont you check out some life science blogs. To read more about what a blog is click here.
(And feel free to email questions We remember what its like to learn about all of these confusing terms, etc. and we promise we will not think ANY questions are dumb.)